Presbyterian Support Southland (PSS) is a Charitable Trust and is the largest social service and aged care provider in Southland. PSS encompasses two service arms – Family Works, which offers a range of social services, from counselling and social work support, through to buddy and parenting programmes, and Enliven, which provides a range of services for our elderly. We work to enable a positive and lasting change for everyone in our community and offer support services to people regardless of their beliefs, ethnicity or background.
Resthaven Village is an integral part of the Eastern Southland community, located in the very heart of Gore and provides a residential and hospital level care. Living at Resthaven often means residents can remain living in an environment they have grown up in - close to family and friends.
We are looking for team players who are adaptable and have excellent time management for part time and full-time Care worker opportunities at our Enliven Resthaven Village based in Gore.
What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to communicate effectively with our residents
- Able to work across a 24/7 roster
- Previous experience working with the elderly preferred
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing preferred or willingness to study towards this.
- Assisting residents with their personal needs e.g. eating meals, hydration, skin integrity support, personal hygiene
- Encouraging residents to socially interact and take part in activities
- Accurately recording observations
How to apply:
If you have a genuine interest in assisting us provide quality care for our residents please apply by follow the link below:
Please click here to apply
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note to be considered for this role you will need to have the right to work in New Zealand and be fully Covid vaccinated.
Pre-employment checks may include criminal history check, drug and alcohol testing and a medical assessment.
Position description - Care Worker Band 1
Position description - Care Worker Band 2
Position description - Care Worker Band 3
Position description - Care Worker Band 4