Enliven, as part of Presbyterian Support Southland is one of the largest providers of Residential Aged Care Services in the South. Our Vision is a community where all people can make the most of their strengths and feel included, valued and safe.
Our Enliven service philosophy is that some things make for happier, healthier living, no matter what your age or ability. We work to enable a positive and lasting change for everyone in our community and offer support services to people regardless of their beliefs, ethnicity or background.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Cook to lead the kitchen team at our Resthaven Village based in Gore. This is a permanent part time position with a minimum of 16 hours per week over an eight week rotating roster. The rotating roster will include three out of four weekends and hours of work will be between 8.30am and 5.30pm.
Key tasks include:
- Cooking lunch and evening meals following a set menu
- Baking goods such as scones and muffins daily
- Sandwich making
- Recording/maintaining stock levels,
- Providing direction and guidance to kitchen hands
- Ensuring health and safety requirements are followed
What you will need to be successful in the role:
- Previous experience cooking/food handling in a similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Clear understanding of health and safety requirements in the workplace.
- NZQA Unit standards 167 Practice food safety methods in a food business and 168 Demonstrate knowledge of food contamination hazards, and control methods used in a food establishment
What we can offer you:
- Permanent part time position in Gore
- Cooking role with no late nights
- Supportive team environment
If you are wanting a permanent part time role and have food handling experience please apply online including a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.
Please click here for the position description
Please click here to apply
As this role is in the Health sector the successful candidate may need to be fully vaccinated by 1 December 2021.
If you have any questions around the role please email email@example.com
Please note in order to be considered for this position you will need to be a New Zealand citizen or have the right to work in New Zealand and our pre-employment checks may include criminal history check, drug and alcohol testing and a medical assessment.