We are committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all of our clients, staff and their families, foster families, volunteers, and others we work with in the community therefore we would like to let you know about how we are working throughout New Zealand’s level 2 response to COVID-19.
Family Works Building
- We are now open weekdays from 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Under Alert Level 2, you’ll notice some changes to the way we operate in order to keep you and our staff safe from COVID-19. Please follow our staff instructions at all times.
If you are visiting our office, we recommend you allow extra time. Strict hygiene and physical distancing measures are in place throughout our buildings. Please ensure you:
Use the hand sanitising station upon entry
- Sign in at reception for contact tracing purposes
- Follow 1m social distancing at all times (including in passage ways – give way where necessary).
- Unfortunately toys or magazines will continue to be banned from rooms on site including the waiting room.
- Our group programmes will recommence for groups of 10 people or less.
- Staff will be responsible for cleaning and sanitising any resources used including toys before and after use.
- The room will be sanitised after each use.
- Staff providing supervised access will wear PPE – masks and gloves if they may come into close contact with clients. They will still need to sanitise their hands as they would if they were not wearing gloves.
Travel (volunteer workers – Big Buddies and Foster Parents)
- Big Buddies have been provided with hand sanitiser and given the same instructions as for staff with the exception of the non-essential travel unless this in relation to the work they are doing for us as volunteers.
- Foster Parents will follow the personal hygiene and high touch cleaning advice.
- Home visiting can recommence where social distancing and the other guidelines for home visiting can be applied.
- Staff need to record date, time and anyone they come into contact with when visiting or in the community for meetings/appointments in case we need to provide information for contact tracing.